TO PREVENT OUTRAGE OF MODESTY/ RAPE/ SEXUAL ASSAULT
- When returning home alone or late at night, arrange for someone to
escort you home
- Be alert and attentive to your surroundings. If you suspect that someone
is following you, proceed to a crowded area or call the Police for
- Avoid walking through dimly lit, quiet and secluded places.
- While travelling in public transport during night time, SMS the
vehicle code or registration no. of the vehicle in they are travelling
to the dear ones /close relations.
DRUG-ASSISTED RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT
There are a number of practical steps you can take to reduce the risk of
drug assisted rape/sexual assault. These include:
- Make sure that someone knows where you are going and what time you will
- When going to a pub, club or party avoid going alone. Friends can watch
t for each other.
- Remember, alcohol does affect your actions and your reactions as well as
your ability to be alert.
- Never accept a drink from anyone you do not completely trust.
- Don't leave your drink unattended, even when going to the toilet.
- Consider very carefully whether you should leave the pub, club or party
with someone you have just met.
- If you think you may have been the victim of 'drug rape',
contact the police on 100 without delay.